Monday, August 31, 2015

Life with Red Hair ♡ Do's & Dont's + Must Have Products

Hey everyone! Yvette here with a video all about red hair. From dye, to bleach to my must have products. I kind of wanted to make this video like a "what people don't tell you about red hair" talk thru. I go in depth about things to do and ingredients plus activities to stay away from. I ramble A LOT so everything mentioned will be linked on our blog. I hope you all like it. Enjoy!

FAQ:

What dye do you use?
  • When I first dyed my hair I used Pravana Vivids Red dye. I stopped using it because it would fade quickly and fade dull
  • Then I switched to Special Effects Dye to Nuclear Red. I like this dye because the color lasts but this color specifically was too orange for my complexion.
  • Now I used Devilish with a little bit of Blood Red

Did you have to bleach your hair?
  • Yes! I use 
Can you go to waterparks?
  • Yes but you have to wear a shower cap or swimmers cap because as soon as your hair touches the water all the dye will run
  • The chlorine strips your hair color

How do you keep your hair healthy?
  • Aragan oil & treatments
  • Hair Masks
  • Never use heat (blow dryer, curling wand, etc)
  • Dont use anything that says volumizing (theres a chemical in there that strips your color)
  • Use anything that has protein fillers in it
  • Stay away from SULFATE (like Head and Shoulders it will strip your color)

How do you keep your color so vibrant?
  • I never wash my hair maybe every 3-6 days I'll wash it
  • I use products for color treated hair
  • I add a bit of dye in my conditioner (every 3-4 week)
  • I only wash my hair in FREEZING COLD water

What are your favorite products?
  • Dye: Special Effects here
  • Bleach: Paul Mitchell Synchro Lift here
  • Developer: Paul Mitchell Cream Developer 20 here
  • Shampoo & Conditioner: Matrix Total Results Color Care here
  • Shampoo & Conditioner: Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger here
  • Color Wipes: Colortrak Wipe Off Hair Color Wipes here
  • Oil: Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger Styling Treatment here
  • Hydro Whip: Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger Hydrocream Whip here
  • Hair Masks: Macadamia Oil Deep Repair Hair Mask here
  • All these products I buy at Cosmo Prof, Amazon or Nigels Beauty Emporium

Does your hair stain?
  • Yes! My hair stains EVERYTHING PINK!
  • The tub
  • Pillows
  • Hand
  • Clothes
  • Everything gets stained so invest in red things and CLOROX


.

No comments:

Post a Comment