Saturday, August 9, 2014

❤Book of Life❤ La Muerte makeup tutorial

Hey everyone! Yvette here with a sugar skull makeup tutorial. Not just any sugar skull makeup tutorial a recreation of La Muerte from the movie The Book of Life. This movie is about Dia de los Muertos, a Mexican tradition where we celebrate life by remembering those who have passed. The overall theme is Dia de los Muertos, however the movie follows Manolo, a man who embarks on a journey that across three worlds where he must face his greatest fears. You can see the trailer here.

I'm super excited to recreate this look, I hope you all enjoy it! It literally took me 3 days to film and re-film and re-film, and edit. I did this look three times and thank Yeezus my third time was the charm! I told myself if I wasn't 100% satisfied I didn't want to upload it. Just for kicks I'll show you look 1 and look 2. You might see them and think they are fine, but I was just not happy. I guess you can say I'm a perfectionist but Ruby just calls me picky, hehe. Anyways, I'm really excited for the movie, the voice of La Muerte is played by Kate del Castillo. YES! La Reina del Sur, haha!

If you have been watching Ruby and I for a while you know were obsessed with Halloween, Dia de los Muertos and anything spooky! When I saw the trailer I instantly got excited for this movie. I heard there was a panel for the Book of Life at Comic Con San Diego and I'm super bummed I couldn;'t go this year. Another obsession of mine is Guillermo del Toro, who is producing this movie. He is Mr. Super Fucking Creepy Monster Man, I love him! From Hellboy, Pan's Labyrith, Don't Be Afraid of the Dark, Mama and Rise of the Guardians, just to name a few. AND HE'S MEXICAN, Viva la Raza! Okay that's enough rambling, enjoy the video! Bye.




La Muerte kind of reminds me of this drawing...

Full list of products:
Elmer's Glue Stick (to cover my brows, not in video)
NYX eye pencil, white
MAC face and body, white
MAC studio fix, silvering white
INGLOT gel liner, 79 (red)
Make Up Forever flash palette
Saucebox Temptation palette
   mermaid, aquamarine, yell-oh!
INGLOT get liner, 87 (turquoise)
MAC fluidline, blacktrack
MAC lip pencil, burgundy
MAC superslick liquid liner, pure show (not my fave)
Pretty Zombie Cosmetics liquid lipstick, Zombettie

1st attempt

 2nd attempt

3rd time's the charm



No comments:

Post a Comment