Thursday, August 28, 2014

How I Contour & Highlight + My Best Makeup Tips

Hey everyone! Yvette here with my highly requested highlight and contouring video. Since my first get ready with me video [from a year ago] I got tons of requests on how to highlight and contour. I truly appreciate your support and please keep the request coming. So sorry this is long over due but I just wanted to wait until I upgraded my video equipment. Hope you all don't mind and appreciate the high quality.

This technique is definitely inspired by Kim Kardashian's makeup artist Mario Dedivanovic, who uses a damp sponge to blend and correcting powders like Ben Nye's Banana powder to conceal. Since he revealed his secret I feel like I have seen this type of contouring and highlighting every where. However, I do feel like Josh also known as petrilude was the first to say that these are drag queen secrets which they have been doing on the stage for years.

Throughout the video I inserted some of my favorite and best makeup tips on how to contour and highlight. I touch on correcting concealers but didn't want to go too in depth because I do have a video all about it which you can view here. I hope you all like it. Enjoy!

Full list of products:
Makeup Forever primer
Real Techniques brush
Graftobian HD palette
Real Techniques Miracle Complexion sponge
Ben Nye Banana Powder
Morphe Flat Contour brush
Makeup Forever Sculpting Kit 2
MAC 116 brush
Makeup Geek Infatuation blush
MAC Cheeky Bronze Mineralize Skinfinish

My BEST MAKEUP TIPS for contouring, highlighting, foundation & blush
 #1 Highlighting and contouring shades close to your skin tone give a more natural effect
 #2 When picking a foundation shade, choose one that matches the undertones of your chest
 #3 Having a light right above helps reveal your natural shadows. Helping mark out where to contour
 #4 When using your sponge use one side for your light shades & the other side for your dark
 #5 Correcting powders are not universal, when picking one keep your skint one in mind
 #6 Keep in mind the grayish cast that natural shadows have when picking a contour powder
 #7 For a more natural glow a pearly shade for fair skin works well. Warm golds compliment those with deeper complexions



No comments:

Post a Comment